SUPPORT AND NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
- Statewide Member listserv – for sharing news, posing questions and posting ideas of general interest related to farmers’ markets and local food systems.
- Website – exchange of general information and an interactive membership directory.
- Referrals to people who can help those in need of information and assistance.
- Membership to the Farmers Market Coalition ($40-$75 value)
STATEWIDE PUBLICITY AND ADVOCACY
- OFMA represents markets and farmers in improving statewide programs such as the Farm Direct Nutrition Program and addressing other regulatory issues affecting farmers who sell at markets.
- OFMA also maintains an on-going dialog with the Oregon Department of Agriculture about issues affecting farmers’ market stakeholders.
MARKET DIRECTORY LISTING
REGIONAL AND STATEWIDE EVENTS AND TRAININGS
- Workshops and conferences focusing on marketing farm products directly to consumers.
COLLABORATION WITH OSU SMALL FARMS
- OFMA maintains a close working relationship with OSU’s Small Farms Program, which conducts a variety of activities benefiting small farmers, farmers’ markets and other farm direct marketers.
To be a member market of Oregon Farmers Markets Association, your farmers market organization must comply with the following statements:
- The market meets on a regular, recurring basis in a public location.
- Market vendors are engaged in direct sales to consumers of agricultural products they grew, raised or produced themselves.
- Other product categories may be allowed to fit the community market needs, if they support rather than impair the market’s primary function of facilitating farm direct sales.
- New Market Member, $25, new members — first year only
- Micro Market, $35, 5-9 vendors
- Small Market, $60, 10-24 vendors
- Medium Market, $155, 25-49 vendors
- Large Market, $240, 50+ vendors
- Association, $360, multiple markets
- Vendor member, $25, voting membership for individual farmers or other vendors who sell at an Oregon farmers’ market
- Associate member, $25, non-voting membership for individuals who support farmers’ markets
Find your level: Vendor number ranges represent your peak season numbers.
Associations: If you are a market association but the rates applicable to your markets would add up to less than the association rate, please contact us. You won’t be able to use PayPal, but we’ll make sure you are charged a fair amount.
Non-market membership: Voting Vendor memberships are available for farmers and other vendors who participate in farmers’ markets. Other market supporters are welcome to contribute to OFMA and join as non-voting Associate members.